What’s it all about?
NYAS has secured funding from the Big Lottery Fund to recruit groups of care experienced young people across England and Wales to take part in the production of 6 short films over a 3 year period (one film produced per group). These young people must be under 25 and have experience of being in care as well as being interested in creative arts subjects such as film production, videography, photography, sound design, music and post production.
- Experience of spending time in care
- Under 25
- Have an interest in wanting to improve the lives of other YP growing up in care
- Be interested in using digital media to spread a positive and effective message about the experiences and challenges of being in care
- Interested in learning how a film is produced (set design, camera assisting, directing, sound design etc)
- Able to attend an idea/brain storm weekend, film shoot and post production discussions.
- Help NYAS to raise awareness of the concerns of children and young people in care through the use of social media
- Able to commit to a minimum of 5 days attendance spread over a 6 month period as well as participation via telephone and email.
Examples of tasks which you MAY be asked to take part in:
- Brainstorming ideas for the film and putting those into storyboards
- Taking part in the production working with our production team to learn about all aspects of developing a short film
- Creating behind the scenes ‘vlogs’ of the creative process
- Assist in the marketing of our completed short film using social media
- Have final cut approval on the finished film (YOU decide if it’s good enough).
- Creating and uploading content to Facebook/Twitter/Website
What will you gain from the role?
- Learn to work together as a group to provide common solutions
- Help to influence and shape services
- Experience of being an active citizen
- Develop new skills which you can take with you when you move on
- The ability to move on to other projects with NYAS such as Peer Advocacy, Peer Mentoring or become part of the Young Person’s Reference Group.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Digital Life Stories project for NYAS, please email email@example.com