June 1st – 7th marks the celebration of Volunteers Week here in the UK and we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to highlight some of the great feedback we’ve had from our Young People and some of our Independent Visitors during our most recent Annual Review.
Feedback from our young people;
- Thank you very much for finding my IV and matching us. She is wonderful; such a lovely person. I was wondering once I’ve settled and grown up some more, can I apply to become an IV? It’s such a wonderful thing to do. I’ve got so much out of it and I know that when I turn 18 in July she will still see me. Thank you, really thank you.
- I’m really happy with my IV. We both discuss what activities to do. I find it easy to discuss emotional problems with my IV.
- I’ve tried different things and it’s given me more confidence to ask for help and information when I am out.
- It’s worth the wait. I’m nearly out of the system but will keep in touch with my IV. Everyone I worked with was really nice.
Feedback from the Independent Visitors;
- I think the IV service is incredibly important to young people in care and it’s amazing what a difference a monthly visit can make to them over the longer term.
- The thing I enjoy most about being an IV is the knowledge that I am contributing to the development of a young person and hopefully enhancing the future for them particularly in terms of relationships with others as they grow to adulthood. This has been one of the most worthwhile things I have undertaken in my life, and although it has been quite hard at times, overall I have found the experience very rewarding.
- A lot of effort is placed on matching the IV’s with the YP’s, and this is shown by the duration of my friendship with my own YP, which hopefully will go on ‘till adulthood. I believe that the support and initial training offered is first class, providing a great basis for the role as an IV. I am very proud to call myself an IV and have enjoyed the whole experience fully.
We’d like to take the opportunity to thank all of our volunteers for their hard work and dedication.